Re: Error when replyring: Connection dropped

H,

Fredrik Jervfors schrieb:
> "Roland Fritz":
>> an strange error occured after upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.4.12 (I know
>> it's about time to do so *g*):
>>
>> when sending a new mail or forwarding, everything goes smooth, but when
>> replying the compose.php returns: "ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP
>> server. Query: EXPUNGE"
>> The mail is sent ok, but nothing shows up in the sent folder. The
>> original
>> mail isn't marked as replied.
>>
>> Disabling all plugins shows the same error.
>> When switching off the 'save sent mails' => no error.
>> When switching off the auto-expunge option => no error.
>>
>> Why tries squirrel to expunge after sending an email?
>>
>> Infos on php/imap:
>> Checking PHP configuration...
>> PHP version 4.3.1 OK.
>> display_errors: 1
>> error_reporting: 2039
>> variables_order OK: EGPCS. gpc_order OK: GPC. PHP extensions OK.
>> Checking IMAP service....
>> IMAP server ready (* OK mymailserver Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.15 server ready)
>> Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+
>> MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT
>> CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE
>> ANNOTATEMORE X-NETSCAPE
>>
>> anyone out there who experienced the same? Any suggestions?
>
> Regardless of why SquirrelMail expunges, do you have any IMAP logs related
> to the error? It seems to me as if the real problem is the IMAP server
> connection and not really what SquirrelMail asks the IMAP server to do.
> Also, do you use an IMAP proxy or something else between SquirrelMail and
> the IMAP server? And there might be some useful tips at

I had a look at the imap log:
IOERROR: reading message: unexpected end of file

when googling for this I got an interesting article, I suppose this could
be the same with squirrel:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1675657

When the client wants to add a file to an existing mail box on the server,
it does an APPEND command. The "literal" at the end of the command can
take on two forms: { number } or { number + }. The second is called the
"non-sychronizing" form.

By default, this is supprted by imapd (and advertised) and used by the
client. In this case, the client is suppose to not wait for the server to
reply with the "go ahead" response but just blast the message across the
wire. Well... it does not. Instead, you get a pregnant pause and
eventually imapd times out and rejects the request. The client,
eventually, may even crash from all this but, for sure, it will provide a
very poor user experience.
<<

For me it looks like squirrel is trying to append, returning and giving
the expunge command and this times out.

I tried my old squirrel 1.4.2 webmail I updated from, its working without
error (same imapd, no imap proxy).
Have there been same changes in imap_general that causes my error?

Roland.