Re: [Spam] SECURITY: 1.4.12 Package Compromise

On Dec 13, 2007 2:33 PM, Res <res@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Jon, if the MD5 passed on the package we downloaded back then,
> would you still recommend replacing ? A diff -r shows no changes between
> it and a fresh d/l..

In a situation like this, yes, it is always best to get a new
download, just to be extra sure.  Technically, no, it's probably not
an issue if you don't get any diff and the MD5 checksums match, since
you apparently got the package before it was modified... but why take
the chance when it's fairly trivial to re-implement a fresh download
that is know to be safe?

 - Paul