Re: HowTo Change Password direct on the Login Page

--- Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- snip -

> Run command "netstat -lnpt | grep 106" without double quotes and make
> sure
> that 106 port is opened by xinetd.

# netstat -lnpt | grep 106
No printout

# cat /etc/services | grep imap[code]
imap2           143/tcp         imap            # Interim Mail Access P
2 and 4
imap2           143/udp         imap
imap3           220/tcp                         # Interactive Mail
Access
imap3           220/udp                         # Protocol v3
imaps           993/tcp                         # IMAP over SSL
imaps           993/udp
[/code]

imap port is 143.  993 is for imap over ssl.

$ telnet satimis.com 143
Trying 220.232.213.178...
Connected to satimis.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION
STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision,
Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
* end *

The port 143 is working.

Whether I have to make change on
/usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/change_pass/settings.php

according to /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/change_pass/INSTALL
replacing;
    /* The default port for poppassd is 106 */
    $poppass_port = 106;

with;

    /* The default port for poppassd is 143 */
    $poppass_port = 143;
* end *

OR

If port 106 must be used as imap port I have to call ISP confirming
this port is open first.  Then I'll follow your advice to proceed.

Please advise.  TIA

B.R.
Stephen L