Parent folders not showing up

squirrelmail-1.4.8-4.fc6 on (duh) Fedora Core 6, postfix, and dovecot.

This problem has existed for a long time, but enough other things are
now fixed on my box that this one has bubbled up to the top of the
annoyance list.

Special and most normal folders list just fine in the left pane.
However, folders that have subfolders don't show up.  The subfolders do
show up, and properly indented, but the parent folder doesn't show up.

For instance, I have folders like:
C/D
C/E
C/F
H/I
H/J

What I would see in Squirrelmail is

So it looks like D, E, and F are subfolders of B, instead of C, which
doesn't show up at all.

Does that make any sense?
Is this a known problem?
I wish I knew a better way to describe the problem in a way that google
could help.

Thanks in advance.