Re: Special Characters in Attachment Filenames Break attachments

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:>> When attaching a file containing a 'foreign' character, eg É, the mail>> is sent but with no attachmnt.>>>> Is this a sqm problem or php?> > try reproducing it on same php version without eaccelerator and hardened> patches. If you can reproduce it with standard SquirrelMail scripts, test> other PHP version (5.2.2 or 5.x-dev snapshot).> >> Sending from my Thunderbird results in the attachment working fine - so>> it's not the SMTP server.>>>> Squirrelmail Stable 1.4.8>> PHP 5.x Hardened with Eaccelerator>> Apache 2.x>> Imapproxy over Dovecot/Maildir>> all running on Gentoo Linux>> for ~5,000 users.> > is email saved with attachment in SquirrelMail sent folder?> > show your hardened php settings.> > provide more details about PHP version and all applied patches.> > provide more details about used SquirrelMail translation, default charset> and modifications made in SquirrelMail scripts.>
Tom thank you for this. I've finally traced this and it isn't a squirrelmail problem. For your interest it was actually to do with our saving our sessions in a mysql database.
For some reason the db is having trouble with saving special characters and the problem was with encoding.
Balancing across multiple squirrelmail servers using a db for sessions gives a wonderful failover setup that Really Works!
The db's were originally in some kind of swedish encoding but are now in utf8_general_ci.
Our Mysql Session Handler functions ran utf8_encode($data) when inserting the session data but were not doing utf8_decode($result) when reading it back out again!
I don't really know why these two functions are needed in our particular setup though as we have other setups that allow you to insert and read special characters into mysql without having to explicitely encode/decode them.
But anyway - thanks for the response. It did help prompt me to find the problem.
Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 ExpressDownload DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and takecontrol of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/--squirrelmail-users mailing listPosting Guidelines: http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/MailingListPostingGuidelinesList Address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Archives: http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.userList Archives:  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2995List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users