Re: change_ldappass and Active Directory

> Hello list,
>   Is it possible to use the change_ldappass plugin with AD?  If so, what
> should I call $ldap_password_field?  I've read some php ldap programming
> docs that suggest 'unicodePwd', but that hasn't worked for me.
>
> I have the username field working (sAMAccountName), it's successfully
> binding
> (authenticated bind) and  looking up the user's dn, but comes back with:
>
> "We could not retrieve your old password from the LDAP server."
>   which tells me the field name is incorrect...
>
> I've tried 'userpassword', 'password' and 'unicodePwd'.
>
> I'm running SM 1.4.9a on apache 2.0.52 with php 4.3.9 (latest redhat AS 4
> rel).

You forgot to provide details about your LDAP server (Windows version, ADS
setup details and Exchange version). I've checked Win2k3 + Exchange 2007
setup. User password information is not available in LDAP. Plugin can
connect and verify password when it binds to ldap server, but I can't see
attribute used to store password even when I connect as admin on encrypted
connection.

In Exchange 2007 user account has "top", "person", "organizationalPerson"
and "user" object classes. If your software provider follows rfc2256,
password might be stored in userpassword field. Given company's history I
suspect that there are some deviations from the standard or LDAP server
filters information provided to end users on ldap connections.

Get some ldap browser and view all attributes stored in user's entry.
Check if ADS shows same set of attributes when you connect to ldaps or use
starttls.