Re: maximum number of rows in the search result of adress book

>>> no using ldapsearch gives me all the entries. That's what let me think
>>> that the trouble is on SM side or php configuration
>>>

>> What you have in 222nd entry?
>>
>> SquirrelMail 1.5.2cvs has LDAP test script in contrib directory.
>> http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/trunk/squirrelmail/contrib/test_ldap.phps?view=log
>>
>> Could you check number of entries returned in this script?
>>

> i did more tests, here the results
> i always look for the entries begining by "liste."
> when i let the default value for maxrows, SM returns only 221 entries
> (the last entry -221- is
> liste.service_guebwiller_administration@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
> when i put 'maxrows' => 600, SM returns only 300 entries
>     in this case the entry
> liste.service_guebwiller_administration@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is on position 298
> when i put 'maxrows' => 700, SM returns all the entries (338)
>     in this case the entry
> liste.service_guebwiller_administration@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is on position 336

Checked the code.

Set 'timeout' and 'maxrows' parameters to zero in SquirrelMail
configuration $ldap_server array. SquirrelMail uses these arguments in two
places. First place limits PHP ldap_search command, second place limits
results. I think returned numbers don't match, because you have results
without 'mail' attribute or listing lasts more than 30 seconds.

'timeout' attribute can be set only in config.php. conf.pl does not
provide options to control it.

--
Tomas