Re: Login and letter case messing up profile.

I figured out the problem. Run conf.pl. General settings. Username to lowercase = true.

At 08:56 PM 4/4/2007, you wrote:
I have a server wide install of squirrelmail on a couple of Apache 2
FreeBSD 6 servers using sendmail.
I have handled the problem of virtual host clients getting the
server's domain name apended to their email by making sure that they
have a reply-to filled in their personal profile when they are first
configured.

I am looking at the pugin to address other virtual host issues on a
server wide install, but my immediate problem seems different from those
any existing plugin addresses, and I can't find this problem in the archives.

When I have a user named lorene, if she logs into squirrelmail as
lorene, her personal information is pulled and I get the email as from
lorene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BUT

if she logs in as Lorene, the system lets her in and the email I get
says it is from Lorene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there a good fix for this?

Any help is appreciated.

Steven Berkson
President
Blazing Images Web Site Design, Inc.
2455 Drysdale Court NE
Keizer, OR  97303-1999
503.463.9468 office
503.910.3957 mobile
sberkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.blazingimages.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.