Re: Squirrelmail error on two mailboxes (\"The server couldn't find the message you requested\")

>> If issue is specific to UID FETCH and FETCH is not broken, you can turn
>> off uid
>> support in SquirrelMail 1.4.x configuration. Also make sure that server
>> side
>> sorting is turned on in SquirrelMail configuration.
>
> Server-side sorting has not been disabled, so that should be okay.
>
> I don't see any mention of UID support in the Squirrelmail config.  What
> am I missing?  (I looked both using conf.pl as well as the Administrator
> plugin)
>
> I tried updating to the latest available Dovecot (1.0 RC 26), but
> unfortunately that did not help.
>
> I'm starting to wonder about mail file corruption?  I've seen a few
> examples on our server lately where people can't get their email.  Then
> I have to go open their mail file with vi, and snip off a few extra
> blank or garbage lines from the top of the file.
>
> Perhaps that corruption is causing this problem as well.  I've been
> meaning to get on to the latest version of Postfix for those servers,
> hoping that would eliminate the mail file corruption.  (Or could it be
> Dovecot doing that?)
>
> Ever see the problem of mail files getting random lines of crap up top?

Yes. I see incorrectly parsed messages, when I modify messages stored in
maildir. It looks like Dovecot (Debian Etch package) caches file
information and does not detect header size changes. Removal of dovecot
cache files fixes the issue.

--
Tomas