Re: Problem with IMAP folders

On Wed, March 14, 2007 11:57, Silent Ph03nix said:
> I am running Squirrelmail on an Ubuntu Dapper server with backports
> enabled.
> The squirrelmail version is 2:1.4.8-1~Dapper1.  I am running it on Apache2
> version 2.0.55-4ubuntu2.1 with php5 version 5.1.2-1ubuntu3.6. My IMAP
> server
> is Dovecot version 1.0.beta3-3ubuntu5.
>
> I have Squirrelmail up and running and talking to my IMAP server.  I can
> see
> all my folders in the folder list on the left-hand side.  Most of my
> folders
> I am able to open with no problems.  However, I have a handfull of folders
> that will not open via the squirrelmail interface.  When I use Firefox as
> my
> browser, it attempts to download right_main.php rather than opening it.
> These folders work and display correctly in Kmail, Thunderbird, Evolution,
> and even Outlook.  When I try to open the folder in IE, it just shows me a
> white page and sits there.  When I try in Konq, I get:
> An error occurred while loading
> http://172.23.23.1/squirrelmail/src/right_main.php?PG_SHOWALL=0&sort=0&startMessage=1&mailbox=Family:
> Connection to host 172.23.23.1 is broken.
>
> I'm beginning to think this has something to do with the number of
> messages in
> the folder.  The smallest folder that will not open has 1845 messages in
> it.
> The largest has over 37000.  The next in size to the folder that has 1845
> messages has around 1500 messages and opens and displays correctly.
> However,
> I have over 40000 messages that need to be put in that folder eventually.
>
> I'm at a loss here as to how to get my folders to display correctly.  This
> is
> a fairly vanilla install having just installed it over the weekend.  I'd
> appreciate any help you can give me.
> Thanks,
> --
> Ph03nix
Running SquirrelMail 1.4.4 on Debian Sarge
dovecot (0.99.14-1sarge0) Haven't seen that issue.  Notice you are running
a beta version, have you asked on the dovecot maillists?
If something blows up badly enough the header's won't get sent to the
browser and it may try to download the file.  Sorry I can't be of help.

-------

William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27
FAX. 909-608-7061