global address book - cannot list

sm 1.4.5
mysql
centos 4.4

dear all,

previously i used ldap as out global address book but i now find that too
much to figureout - we are moving to a new server to host email with
squirrelmail.

i have successfully transfer prefs and personal address book on mysql. the
personal address book can be listed/searched.

following the wiki i've created the global_abook table in my squirrelmail
database, and inserted testdummy data into the table.

but i cannot list/search the testdummy from squirrelmail (under 'compose'
page, 'addresses' button).

also, under conf.pl, 9. databases: options 10 allow writing into global
address book (set to false), and 11 allow listing of global address book
(set to true). is this correct if i do not want any user to modify global
address book (except me, the db admin) and allow users to view global
addresses.

thanks.
stephen

This email was sent from Hock Seng Lee Berhad.
http://www.hsl.com.my/