Re: squirrelmail - imap auth problem

>>>We have random fails on login between squirrelmail and imap.
>>>The password is posted to imap with a random length.
>>

>> Please test your PHP settings
>> (http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings)
>> and show your mbstring extension configuration.
>
> mbstring.func_overload	7	7

Please turn it off and enable only for applications that ask for it. Some
SquirrelMail functions depend on standard PHP string functions. Standard
functions work with bytes, mbstring functions work with characters.
mbstring function overloading makes string functions unreliable.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/changelog.php

from 1.4.5 changelog
 - Added mbstring.func_overload!=0 workaround (#929644, #1061699).

SquirrelMail 1.4.5 and later versions have workarounds for mbstring
overloading, but workarounds can't be applied to Japanese translation.

Please keep conversation on mailing list.

--
Tomas