Re: Shared calendar

On 2/12/07, Jevos, Peter <Peter.Jevos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to ask you one think about shared Calendar developed by Paul
> Lesneiwski.
> This plugin is very usefull.
> I have about 5-7 caledars each with 5-8000 users ( email addresses )
> The problem is that SM got slow when I added those users into calendars.
> For example main page or calendar list takes about 10 seconds ( before
> it was 1-2 seconds )
> I tried to use file backend plugin and sql backend plugin but with the
> same result
> Is there some tune options how to accelerate the loading of SM more ?

Can you clarify?  The 5000 to 8000 users are only the users who have
shared access to those calendars?  What kinds and how many events are
on the calendars?  I don't currently have development time for this
plugin, so I'm not sure I can help you at this time, so you could dig
into it yourself and let us know what you find.  Otherwise, if you can
give me more information about the issues, I will look at the issues
when this plugin comes to the top of my list.

Cheers,

Paul