Re: SM/LDAP Could not bring results

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
Hi all,

I have setup a squirrelmail/oldap server. When try to fetch address
through address book option in the compose window, it fails with an
error message. The error message is as follows,

*Your search failed with the following error(s):
[LDAP:XX.XX.XXX.XXX] No such object*

My config.php configuration is as follows

$default_use_javascript_addr_book = true;
$ldap_server[0] = array(
    'host' => 'ldap://XX.XX.XXX.XXX',
    'base' => 'ou=Usuarios,ou=webmail,dc=ran,dc=es',
    'name' => 'LDAP:XX.XX.XXX.XXX',
    'maxrows' => 100,
    'binddn' => 'cn=admin,dc=ran,dc=es',
    'bindpw' => 'mypassword',
    'protocol' => 3

Please let me know, what did i miss ?

1. 'host' => 'ldap://XX.XX.XXX.XXX',

'ldap://' prefix is useless. It is default protocol.

2. 'base' => 'ou=Usuarios,ou=webmail,dc=ran,dc=es',

reduce it to 'dc=ran,dc=es'.

3. provide more information about used LDAP schema

4. See information about test-ldap.php script at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user/31199
"set $ldap_limit_scope to true" does not apply to openldap.

Hi Tomas
Now its working. I had reduced the base like your instruction and also removed the prefix of host.