Re: SOLVED - BUG? Re: VServer fetching from DServer

You have to reply on-list, not to me.

On 2/7/07, Michael Borchers <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 2/6/07, Michael Borchers <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> nobody?

> > You found the problem, but your description is completely vague.  You
> > might try giving examples if that helps.
>
> I will try:
>
> Server 1, VIRTUAL SERVER.
> Tridemail 1.4.9a running.
> Username: 'example'
>
> Server 2, DEDICATED SERVER
> Tridemail 1.4.9a running.
> Existing POP on this server, also called 'example'
>

> Server 1, loggend in as 'example', tries to fetch the 'example' POP from
> Server 2 and fails!
> The reason seems to be the usage of the same username on the both servers.

I doubt that is the actual cause.  If it is, it has nothing to do with
SquirrelMail.  Have you tried increasing your logging verbosity and
watching both your web error log and mail log for errors when the
problem happens?

> The other way around works fine:
> Server 2, loggend in as 'example', tries to fetch the 'example' POP from
> Server 1!
>

> The error only occures from VIRTUAL to DEDICATED server.
> Any common bug or server config prob? Our provider says all configurations

No, unfortunately for you, this is not common at all.

> are the same,
> also php, apache and tridemail version!

We do not support any such thing as "tridemail".  We only support
UNMODIFIED SquirrelMail installations.