Re: abook_group: Where's the config file?

> I'm running Squirrelmail 1.5.1, PHP 5.2.0, and Apache 2.2.3 on Debian
> Etch.  I've configured SM to use a MySQL database for personal
> addressbooks, which is working very well.  Now I'm trying to configure
> the abook_group plugin, using version 0.51.1.
>
> The INSTALL file talks about using file-based and SQL-based backends.  For
> configuring the SQL backend, it mentions doc/db-backend.txt.  But that
> file is nowhere in the plugin's directory.  The db-backend.txt in the SM
> doc directory doesn't make any mention of the abook_group plugin.
> There's also no config file to select which backend to use.
>
> So, how does one configure this plugin to use an SQL database?  How does
> one tell it which table to use?
>
> Am I missing something simple, or is the plugin tarball or documentation
> incomplete?

Documentation is incomplete.

abook_group_database.php
----
if ( $addrbook_dsn == "" ) {
  include_once(SM_PATH . 'plugins/abook_group/abook_group_flatfile_database.php');
} else {
  include_once(SM_PATH . 'plugins/abook_group/abook_group_PEAR_database.php');
}
----

Address book database schema is described in INSTALL file. If you store personal
address books in database ($addrbook_dsn is not empty), plugin uses db.

I strongly recommend not using current plugin version. SquirrelMail 1.4.9 and
1.5.1 have code that allow to use custom address book backends. If you want to
have address book entry with multiple recipients, you can use standard address
book or write custom address book backend that provides nicer way to handle
multiple recipients.

--
Tomas