Re: Memory Allocations

>>> "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to
>>>
>> allocate 2059 bytes) in
>>
>>> /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/functions/imap_messages.php on line 641"
>>>
>>> I've gotten this on a few boxes, and right now I've adjusted php.ini to
>>> allow
>>>
>> a max memory size of 128M.
>>
>>> What do the rest of you have this set to?
>>>

>> Please provide more information about used IMAP server,
>
> Dovecot,, v1.0 rc17
>> PHP version,
>>
> 5.2.0
>> SquirrelMail version
> 1.4.9a
>> and SquirrelMail server side sorting setting.
>>

> Urm.. good question.
>
> General Options
> 1.  Data Directory              : /usr/users/webmail/data/
> 2.  Attachment Directory        : /usr/users/webmail/attachments/
> 3.  Directory Hash Level        : 0
> 4.  Default Left Size           : 150
> 5.  Usernames in Lowercase      : true
> 6.  Allow use of priority       : true
> 7.  Hide SM attributions        : false
> 8.  Allow use of receipts       : true
> 9.  Allow editing of identity   : false
>     Allow editing of name       : false
>     Remove username from header : false
> 10. Allow server thread sort    : false
> 11. Allow server-side sorting   : false

http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-6.html

If server side sorting is not enabled, SquirrelMail 1.4.x will hit memory
limit on any IMAP folder with more than 2-3 thousand messages.

Dovecot supports IMAP SORT extension and you can turn on server side
sorting in SquirrelMail configuration.

--
Tomas