Re: How can't I see ip address in a log file when anyone login to a mail address on the webmail?

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 11:14:47AM +0200, Halid Faith wrote:

> Also I only see the email address as the same time in /var/log/maillog as
> below;
> Jan 20 11:10:32 server imapd-ssl: LOGIN, user=khalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> ip=[::1], protocol=IMAP
> Jan 20 11:10:32 server imapd-ssl: LOGOUT, user=khalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> ip=[::1], headers=0, body=0, time=0, starttls=1
>
> if I connect to my imaps server with another client program I see both ip
> address and username in maillog.

It is exactly what you see in your maillog: The client's IP (::1 aka
localhost) and the username.
I think you do not fully understand Squirrelmail's basics: SM is an IMAP
/client/, therfore, your mailserver can only see SM's IP, not the
browser's IP.

Rainer