Re: Query: STATUS "INBOX" (MESSAGES UNSEEN RECENT)

Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On 1/16/07, Jay Chandler <chandler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> One user attempts to log in, and gets the following after 30 seconds or so:
>> *
>> ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
>> *Query: STATUS "INBOX" (MESSAGES UNSEEN RECENT)
>>
>> This is under UW-IMAP, and the user's inbox in question is 112
>> megabytes-- not sure how that stacks up for Squirrelmail.
>>
>> Any thoughts or pointers as to what could be causing this?
>>

> Didn't Jon just answer this a couple days ago?

Nah, different error entirely.
> 1) Don't use UW-IMAP, it's about the worst IMAP solution you could
> ever choose, especially for a corporate or university environment

*grumbles*  Tell me about it... PHBs at it again...
> 2) http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user/30906/focus=30912

Our setup features all the mailbox files just dumped in the user's home
directory (which is NFS mounted, and mbox, just to pour some salt into
the gaping wound).  This... isn't going to be pretty, no matter how I
slice it.
> 3) Try the SquirrelMail DEVEL branch, which has much faster mailbox
> parsing, but is not generally suitable for production (although I
> think some people use 1.5.1 in production)

Hmm.  I'd have interest in trying that, though I'd have to do some magic
with the aforementioned PHBs...

Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714.628.7249 / chandler@xxxxxxxxxxx
Today's Excuse: Atilla the Hub