Re: help regarding installation of squirrelmail in a Cpanel managed server

On 4/13/06, Tawia Pachuau <tawia.pachuau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I have purchased a dedicated server loaded with cpanel. My server is
> hosting about 20 websites. i have a primary website www.mydomain.com now
> what i want is that i want to have a squirrelmail for all my users
> (including the ones in the different domain) use that squirellmail. Though
> cpanel is providing squirelmail but i dont want the port redirection etc
> since my office network is closing port no 2095. most of the websites are
> the subdomains of my website. so i have made a seperate account where i have
> installed my squirellmail (email.mydomain.com).
>
>  now the squirrelmail is working fine but bow i want to put the
> cpanel_password_change and the vlogin (so that users will not have to type
> user@xxxxxxxxxx for the login details. But i'm having problem now. I have
> read that for the vlogin it takes the hostname from the usr so i fear that
> it will interprete it as user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if i type user at the
> login [prompt.

You shouldn't make assumptions based on fear alone.  ;-)  Vlogin will
take whatever part of the domain you want it to.  Use the debug flag
to help see what it is doing, and change the configuration settings
until the domain is correctly constructed.

>  As for the cppanel password changer (pop accounts) i'm getting the
> following errors
>
>  Warning: main(../src/validate.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
> directory in
> /home/mydomain/public_html/plugins/cpanel_pw_changer/cpanel_pw_changer.php
> on line 27
>
>  Warning: main(): Failed opening '../src/validate.php' for inclusion
> (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in
> /home/mydomain/public_html/plugins/cpanel_pw_changer/cpanel_pw_changer.php
> on line 27

Looks like you are possibly using SM 1.5.x and this plugin only works
on 1.4.x, but I am only guessing.