Re: Move/Delete causes "IMAP Malformed Request" / or session death.

Daniel Watts wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just wondering if you could shed any light on this error.
> I have two servers set up, both running squirrelmail (identical
> real-time mirrored code) on Apache 2.0 with PHP 5.1.6 and eaccelerator.
>
> When trying to delete or move a substantial amount of email at once (say
> 200 messages):
>
> On server 1 I get:
>
> ERROR: Bad or malformed request.
> Query: COPY 607:906 "Trash"
> Server responded: No folder selected [this last line i did from memory
> so might not be exact wording but it said about folder or mailbox not
> being selected]
>
> On server 2 I get "You must be logged in" session not found error.
> I noticed that my browser cookie SQMSESSID has changed from what it was
> when I first logged in.
>
> Interestingly, when I NEXT log to server 2, the address bar shows:
>
> http://myserver.com/webmail/src/webmail.php?right_frame=/webmail/src/move_messages.php
>
> And the right frame has the error:
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /webmail/src//webmail/src/move_messages.php was not
> found on this server.
>
> This goes away if I click INBOX although the browser address bar stays
> the same and the error returns if i hit F5 to refresh the page.
>
> These might be two completely unrelated problems but they are both
> triggered by the same action.

Half solved!
Turns out server 2 was running php-hardened.

error logs were showing:

[Fri Dec 15 11:46:14 2006] [error] [client x.x.x.x] ALERT - configured
request variable limit exceeded - dropped msg[194] (attacker 'x.x.x.x',
file '/var/www/localhost/htdocs/webmail/src/move_messages.php'),
referer:
http://mydomain.com/webmail/src/right_main.php?PG_SHOWALL=0&sort=0&startMessage=1&mailbox=Backup

The 'request variable limit' was set to 200. I increased this to 2000
and it worked fine.

Still not sure what the first error was - looks like an imap sequence
problem with the source folder not being 'select'ed before the copy
command was run.

Perhaps copy should check that a folder has been imap-selected before
running?

Daniel