Re: Language Interface Problem

>         Hello!!
>
>  I'm trying to change language interface into Squirrrelmail, but it always
> appears in english. My server configuration is:
>
>          --> IMAP: uw-imapd-2002edebian1-13
>          --> PHP: php5.1.6-5
>         --> WebServer: apache2.2.3-3
>         --> Platform: Debian testing/unstable
>  However, I can change language display but interface continues in
> English.

dpkg-reconfigure locales

You will need

bg_BG with CP1251 character set
bn_IN with UTF-8
ca_ES with ISO8859-1
cs_CZ with ISO8859-2
cy_GB with ISO8859-1
da_DK with ISO8859-1
de_DE with ISO8859-1
el_GR with ISO8859-7
en_GB with ISO8859-15
es_ES with ISO8859-1
et_EE with ISO8859-15
eu_ES with ISO8859-1
fi_FI with ISO8859-1
fo_FO with ISO8859-1
fr_FR with ISO8859-1
hr_HR with ISO8859-2
hu_HU with ISO8859-2
id_ID with ISO8859-1
is_IS with ISO8859-1
it_IT with ISO8859-1
ka_GE with UTF-8
lt_LT with UTF-8
ms_MY with ISO8859-1
nl_NL with ISO8859-1
nb_NO with ISO8859-1
nn_NO with ISO8859-1
pl_PL with ISO8859-2
pt_PT with ISO8859-1
pt_BR with ISO8859-1
ro_RO with ISO8859-2
ru_RU with UTF-8
sk_SK with ISO8859-2
sl_SI with ISO8859-2
sr_YU with ISO8859-2
sv_SE with ISO8859-1
tr_TR with ISO8859-9
zh_TW with BIG5
zh_CN with GB2312
uk_UA with UTF-8
fa_IR with UTF-8

Uighur (ug in utf-8) is not supported by Debian. Hebrew needs he_IL locale
in cp1255. Arabic requires special localedef command with some ar locale
in cp1256 charset.

If you don't understand what those codes mean, run 'dpkg-reconfigure
locales' or check SquirrelMail wiki pages. If some of these locales are
not enabled, gettext translations won't work. You must restart Apache
after system locales are recompiled. Please note that locale compilation
takes some time and they will be recompiled every time you upgrade libc
packages. Compiled locales use disk space on server. Don't enable locales
that you don't need.

--
Tomas