Re: Change of the Sender Name

One nice solution is to get the users information from the ldap database and
don't let the user configure himself his return address and name.

There a plugin for that, you'll feel happy with it

Plugins - Retrieve User Data
Category: Administrator's Relief

This plugin retrieves the full name and the email address of a SquirrelMail
user from an external source (currently LDAP, Microsoft AD, MySQL,
/etc/passwd, PostgreSQL, plain text file, DB-style databases, VPoPMail) and
writes them to the user's preferences file. Your users don't have to enter
their name and email address before they write their first email. If you
want to prevent or reduce misuse of your mail system, you can also forbid
them to change their name and email address (From: line in email headers).
You can also retrieve the users' data on every login to be up to date with
your external source. If you don't want to use one of the supported data
sources, you can write an extension to access other types of data sources.

Please have a look at the project homepage at
http://retruserdata.sourceforge.net/.

Version 0.9
by Ralf Kraudelt on Mar 14, 2003
[ download ]    Requires: SquirrelMail 1.4.0 RC2
Support for multiple identities (only LDAP)
Support for Microsoft Active Directory