Re: Playing with Personal information

Hi Paul, thanks for reply.
I followed your instructions for RW rights for full_name and email_address using conf tool. Then I couldn't upgrade vlogin to 3.9 which has the possibility to use disable_options but I solved hiding reply_to using force_prefs plugin (which it means adding to user.pref reply_to=1)

This is the entry I used with force_prefs.
$fp_forced_settings=array(
    'reply_to' => '1'
);

Then for email_address and full_name parameters I did a script for new users which enters the strings in user.pref. Then I implemented newuser_wiz giving the possibility at first login to view the default settings for these parameters and to change them. I chose this plugin and not askuserinfo which by default returns options pages.

I hope in future I will let vlogin working solving mail addresses automatically.

About retriveuserinfo I had no time to see it. It extracts in vlogin directory and I shold understand better its functionality!

Bye.

Leo.

Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
On 11/16/06, Bumo wrote:
> Hi, I'm using 1.4.8 on a RHES30. PLUGINS: Vlogin 3.3 Compatibility 2.0.4,
> and others..
>
> Preface
> I know that if I want to set a fixed address or replay address or a fixed
> Name
> I can set them in user.prefs using: full_name= ; email_address= ; reply_to=
>
> Avoiding to set them via script, and as these variables at the moment are
> not set I would like to have the next configuration:
>
> 1) Configure squirrel to let users
> to edit their full_name,
> to prevent them to set their email_address and

Please see the config/conf.pl script where you can achieve this (or
edit the $edit_identity and $edit_name values in your config file)

> to hide the reply_to

I believe you can remove this from display using vlogin. See the
README file description for $virtualDomains, under which there is a
long list of all the options you can remove from the interface. Add
this to the vlogin config for each domain:

'disable_options' => array(
'reply_to',
),

I believe this plugin can help you do exactly the same thing:

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=220

Or edit it out yourself in the source (but don't expect it to stay
after upgrading):
include/options/personal.php

Or you may want to look at this, which has a slightly different approach:

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=248

> 2) Get user address from vlogin VirtualUserTable so that I can use the
> virtualname and not the unixname for the email address.
> Note: As the domain is unique, vlogin is configured letting users logging
> with the left part of their address

Turn on $vlogin_debug and show what the IMAP username is for a typical
login. Is that value the same as needed for the email address value?
We might be able to make an adaptation for vlogin to help, however,
there are also other plugins you should look at first:

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=11
http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=220
http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=142

http://mail.yahoo.it