Re: Squirrelmail and sasldb2 plugin

On 11/8/06, Martin Schweizer <schweizer.martin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Probably you missunderstood my comments. Of course I followed Readme
> > > and install but I also tested chgsaslpasswd with
> > > -rwxrwxrwx   1 root  www    3368  8 Nov 08:19 chgsaslpasswd
> > > too. Both with no success.
> >
> > This will never will work; it does not have suid permission.
> >
> > > Now I have
> > > -rw-rw----   1 root  cyrus   24576  8 Nov 08:09 sasldb2.db
> >
> > Try:
> >
> > chown cyrus:root sasldb2.db
> >
> > while leaving permissions as above.
> >
> > > (I cross checked the rights with the user cyrus which can set password
> > > with saslpasswd2)
> > > and
> > > -r-sr-x---   1 root  www    3368  8 Nov 08:19 chgsaslpasswd
> >
> > Revert to what the Readme file tells you to:
> >
> > -r-sr-x---   1 cyrus  www    3368  8 Nov 08:19 chgsaslpasswd
> >
> > > and
> > > acsvfbsd04# pw show group cyrus
> > > cyrus:*:60:cyrus,www
> >
> > You do NOT want www in your cyrus group.  Period.
> >
> > > and
> > > #define UID 60 (the cyrus one's)
> > >
> > > This does not work unless I set #define UID to 0 (the root one's).
> > >
> > > Any ideas are welcome.
> >
> > You can get the script's error output if you run it from the command line:
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/sudo -u www chgsaslpasswd -p <username>
> > <password>
>
> I did the above without success. The output from  /usr/local/bin/sudo
> -u www chgsaslpasswd -p <username> is a empty line (no messages) but
> the password wil not change on sasldb2.db.

Show the return value of the script by doing this immediately after runinng it:

echo $?

You can also put debugging output in the suid script.  Have it print
out the UID after it changes users.  Also, did you contact the plugin
author to see if he can help?

Show your current ownership/permissions on all files again if you would.