Sort by recipient other than in Sent folder.

I can't believe this hasn't come up before, but I sure can't find it
in existing bug reports or FAQs or by googling.

In the "Sent" and "Drafts" folders a user can sort by the "To" field,
but cannot do such sorting in the other folders
("Inbox","Trash",etc.).

Is there a patch or a plugin I can apply to allow users to sort by the
"To" field in the other folders?

This comes up more now with people pointing multiple addresses at one
destination email address, or a single catchall for a domain
(*@example.com), and then they want to sort their Inbox to see all the
same addresses clumped together.

Thoughts?

--