Localizing Special Folders

Hello,

I'd like to ask if there is an official or an otherwise best way to
translate the special folders (Trash, Sent, etc.)? I didn't find any
setting or plugin for that.

I don't want to do it on the server side, because I don't want to break
things and there are some international users to my SquirrelMail too,
but I'd like SquirrelMail to change the strings according to the
language setting, when sent to the browser. You know, like localized
Thunderbird does: The folder's name on the server is still INBOX or
Trash, but displayed on the folders there is instead "Saapuneet" and
"Roskakori" in Finnish :)

If there's not any elegant way to do this, I think I could live with a
kludge too. Something in the src/left_main.php saying "IF the language
is Finnish THEN print Saapuneet ELSE do as you would have done
otherwise"? Although I don't know the variables and not the correct
place to put these strings.

Best Regards,
Jarkko Ranta / Finland