Re: Bad request LOGIN and SquirrelSpell problems

>> SSLTYPE=
>>
>> Attached two files.
>>
>> global.php.diff.gz is patch for SquirrelMail 1.5.1 functions/global.php.
>> You can't use standard SquirrelMail 1.5.1 with PHP 5.1.2 or later
>> versions. PHP security updates broke SquirrelMail httpOnly cookie
>> implementation. Patch can be applied with 'zcat global.php.diff.gz |
>> patch
>> -p 0' command, if your solaris has zcat and patch utilities. Patch
>> should
>> be applied to standard unmodified SquirrelMail 1.5.1
>> functions/global.php
>> script. If you already fixed cookie issues, don't apply this patch.
>>
>> spell.php script is used to test spell checking. Save it somewhere next
>> SquirrelMail scripts, open it in browser and show output.
>
> Tomas,
>
> Thanks for the ongoing help on these problems. I installed the
> global.php patch and the spell.php file. Here's the output of spell.php:
>
> int(139)
> array(3) {
>   [0]=>
>   string(0) ""
>   [1]=>
>   string(18) "Segmentation Fault"
>   [2]=>
>   string(0) ""
> }
>
> Again, running the spell command from the command line works fine.

Compare environment printed in phpinfo() output with your shell
environment. Check LD_LIBRARY_PATH. If LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables are
different, stop webserver, start it in your environment and recheck
spell.php output.

SquirrelMail has fortune plugin. Could you check if it works? If you don't
have '/usr/games/fortune', set $fortune_location configuration variable to
program that prints something in stdout and set $fortune_options to empty
string.

Make sure that you have standard php install. If you have enabled some
zend extension, try turning it off. If you have applied some php security
patches, recompile php without those patches or turn off features added by
patches. If you have recompiled PHP, stop webserver, make sure that all
webserver processes are closed and then restart it.

If you still can't find why ispell segfaults in webserver environment, you
will have to debug webserver processes with truss or some other debugger.

--
Tomas