installing squirrelmail on a box with Apache and reverse proxy

Hello,

I'm totally new to squirrelmail, trying to install it for the first time. The box has Apache (port 7777) and webcache (reverse proxy, port 80) installed. When trying to connect at myserver.com/webmail the page is  redirected to myserver.com:7777/webmail/ and I get error .  The port 7777 is not public and is not accessible from outside.

Could someone help to point me what settings I should check

thanks