Connection dropped by IMAP server

Environment:
IMAP: Version 4 of what ever comes with slackware10.2
PHP: 4.4
SquirrelMail: Version 1.4.3a -- tar ball

Issue:
After I log in I get a page that says:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: SEARCH CHARSET ISO-8859-1 ALL UNDELETED From {10} Dictionary

In my apache error logs is this:
[error] PHP Warning:  fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in /var/www/htdocs/squirrelmail-1.4.8/functions/imap_general.php on line 282

My configtest.php is not showing any sign of errors.  I've been using this setup for nearly 2 years now and all of a sudden I started get this error.  Also, it seems it has something to do with just my login particular.  I have a couple other people that use this and I seem to be the only one that is having this error.  I'm guessing I changed the permissions of a file that should not have changed :(

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks,
Christopher