Re: cyrus->sasl->pam->ldap login error

> I get a blank page from squirrelmail when I try to login. It's a Solaris
> 9 imap server running cyrus 2.3.7, using sasl2.1.22->pam->ldap for
> authentication. Every other email client I have tried works fine,
> including thunderbird, outlook, and eudora. Only squirrelmail seems to
> have a problem.
>
> A pertinent bit of log file:
>
> Sep 14 12:16:29 tsnfs.ece.gatech.edu imaps[2800]: [ID 379946
> local6.notice] starttls: TLSv1 with cipher AES256-SHA (256/256 bits new)
> no authentication

imaps + starttls? Stable SquirrelMail version does not support starttls.
Why IMAPS client connection adds 'starttls' to your logs? IMAP client
should track TLS state and should not issue STARTTLS command on TLS
connection.

> So squirrelmail tries to login twice, and the second time fails. The
> ldapserver thinks that both logins succeeded. The imap server doesn't.
> Squirrelmail gives me a blank page.

Blank page means PHP error. Turn on display_errors setting in php.ini or
any other place that can be used to modify display_errors setting. Make
sure that error_reporting is set to E_ALL or E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE.

Used PHP version? If PHP is 4.x - how openssl extension is compiled in?

SquirrelMail version and IMAP options? (conf.pl -> 2. Server Settings ->
A. Update IMAP settings, show options from 4 to 9)

--
Tomas