Von: Jay Lee [mailto:jlee@xxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. September 2006 16:10
An: Dirk Fries
Cc: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re:  More than 4000 Mails in one Folder ?

Dirk Fries wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> we use Squirrelmail 1.4.5, OS SuSE 10.0 with a cyrus IMAP Server.
>
> So far everything works fine.
>
> Unfortunaly there are some users with huge Mailboxes. We found out, that
> Squirrelmail can't display folders with more than about 4000 E-mails.
> As soon as there are more than 4000 Mails in one folder, der Internet
> Explorer says "Page can not be found" and Firefox show just a white page.
>
> I even found some related descriptions on google, but unfortunaly I found
> now fix for this.
> Does anyone have a clue how Squirrelmail can display more than 4000 Mails
> ???

I'll bet you $5 bucks the apache error_log logs a PHP out of memory
error at the same time to :-)  memory_limit setting in /etc/php.ini up
from 8M.  12 or 16 megs should get you past 4k messages.  You might also
need to bump max_execution_time up from 30 seconds but try memory_limit
first.

The other posters tip about turning on Server side sorting should be
followed to as it will offer significant speed increases and may cut
down on memory usage though my server still needs the memory bump even
with serverside sort past 10k emails or so...

Jay