Installation Problems

Title: Installation Problems

I try to install Squirrelmail on an Ubuntu Postfix system but ran into the following problem

charlie@mail:~$ sudo apt-get install squirrelmail

Password:

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree... Done

Suggested packages:

  squirrelmail-decode php4-pear imapproxy

Recommended packages:

  squirrelmail-locales ispell aspell aspell-bin

  squirrelmail

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 595kB of archives.

After unpacking 3584kB of additional disk space will be used.

Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com dapper/universe squirrelmail 2:1.4.6-1 [595kB]

Fetched 595kB in 3s (165kB/s)

Selecting previously deselected package squirrelmail.

(Reading database ... 23677 files and directories currently installed.)

Unpacking squirrelmail (from .../squirrelmail_2%3a1.4.6-1_all.deb) ...

Setting up squirrelmail (1.4.6-1) ...

Default squirrelmail config (config_default.php) not found.

Run /usr/sbin/squirrelmail-configure as root to configure/upgrade config.

charlie@mail:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/squirrelmail-configure

No configuration file found. Please get config_default.php

or config.php before running this again. This program needs

a default config file to get default values.

charlie@mail:~$ cd /etc/squirrelmail

charlie@mail:/etc/squirrelmail$ ls

conf.pl

Squirrelmail was installed earlier (but not working) and I removed it plus the /etc/squirrelmail directory.

What do I need to do to address the problem?

TIA