Re: Username different than mail address

Hi Collen,
> the problem is that our login usernames are totally different than the
> email addresses
 > [...]
> now when this user send an email the default email address in the send
> header
> becomes jan.huh@xxxxxxxxxx
> and when the receiver tries to reply, it all get screwed up (coz that's
> not a valid email address)

we use postfix canonical maps to rewrite that. In case your Postfix is
compiled with MySQL support, you can just read the data from the DB.

Using that, Postfix cleanup daemon will change the headers as well as
the
envelope data.

See http://www.postfix.org/canonical.5.html for details.

I have the unqualified username (e.g. baltasar) as lookup key, the
result
should be the complete email address (e.g. b.cevc@xxxxxxxxxxx).

Hope that solves your problem,
Baltasar