Re: SQM 1.5.1 and sorting mails by date

On 10 Aug 2006 Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I've been fooling around with the server side sort setting in conf.pl
> and I > think it works better with these settings.

> > 10. Disable server thread sort  : false
> > 11. Disable server-side sorting : false
>
> These are default values. If your server supports server side sorting,
> SquirrelMail 1.5.1 will detect it and use it. If you change these
> configuration variables, you are the one that switched interface to slower
> PHP based sorting. In 1.5.1 PHP based sorting is better than 1.4.x
> sorting, but it is still not as good as server side sort.

For some reason I blew it, I should have been showing these options disabled.

General Options
1.  Data Directory              : ../data/
2.  Attachment Directory        : $data_dir
3.  Directory Hash Level        : 0
4.  Default Left Size           : 150
5.  Usernames in Lowercase      : false
6.  Allow use of priority       : true
7.  Hide SM attributions        : false
8.  Allow use of receipts       : true
9.  Allow editing of identity   : true
    Allow editing of name       : true
    Remove username from header : false
10. Disable server thread sort  : true
11. Disable server-side sorting : true
12. Allow server charset search : true
13. Allow advanced search       : 0
14. PHP session name            : SQMSESSID
15. Time zone configuration     : 0

R   Return to Main Menu
C   Turn color on
S   Save data
Q   Quit

Command >>

> It won't help JanaServer users, because server does not support server
> side sorting.
>
> Please don't send html only emails to mailing list.

Sorry, my error, this particular identity was not set for multipart/alternative
and I highlighted the options.

> --
> Tomas

Thomas Stephenson