From: squirrelmail-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:squirrelmail-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fredrik Jervfors
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 1:42 PM
To: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  SmartSieve and Squirrelmail integration?

> I've upgraded to the new version of Squirrelmail 1.4.7.
> Now I've installed SmartSieve - Sieve Script Manager
> (http://smartsieve.sourceforge.net/) - This is a WebGUI for users to
> manage their vacation messages/forwards/spam filters by the means of
> sieve lang.
>
> My system running Cyrus IMAP + Postfix + Amavisd (Spamassasign+ClamAV)
> and I have 2 virtual domains.
>
> Squirrelmail is great for webmail use, but now I want to integrate
> SmartSieve WebGUI with Squirrelmail.
>
> This way users would click on SmartSieve link from their account (logged
> in Squirrelmail) and go straight to edit their SmartSieve scripts,
> instead of logging again to another WebGUI.
>
> Is there someone who already did it or know how to do it?
> I'm not a PHP coder so I can't figure it out by myself (I believe there is
> something about making 2 Web-interfaces to authenticate and have the same
> session).

This isn't really an answer to your question, but did you check out the
SquirrelMail plugins that are already working well together with
SquirrelMail[1]?

Since SmartSieve is written in PHP, so it shouldn't be impossible to have
it as a SquirrelMail plugin. Unfortunately, that would take some
development (at least the login part). If you don't know PHP I'd really
recommend using another filter manager.

Sincerely,
Fredrik.

[1] http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins_category.php?category_id=3