Re: IMAP server has problems with SQM search function

>> Hello all,
>>

>> when searching for mails, I get the following error:
>>
>> Suchergebnis
>> In INBOX Ã?berall Schiek
>> FEHLER:
>> FEHLER: Falsche oder ungültige Anfrage.
>> Anfrage: SEARCH CHARSET "ISO-8859-1" ALL TEXT "Schiek"
>> Grund: - command unknown or arguments invalid
>>

>> Keine Nachrichten gefunden
>>

>> Here are the details of my server system:
>> - Windows 2000 Workstation SP4
>> - Jana Server 2.4.7.1 (www.janaserver.de) as IMAP-, Mail-, Proxy and
>>

> Could you run test other search commands in telnet
>

> telnet imap-server 143
>> some imap greeting
> A01 login your-username your-password
>
>> A01 OK LOGIN Ok
>>
> A02 select inbox
>
>> some imap response
> A03 UID SEARCH CHARSET US-ASCII ALL FROM "Schiek"
>
>> some imap response
> A04 UID SEARCH CHARSET UTF-8 ALL FROM "Schiek"
>
>> show imap response
> A05 UID SEARCH ALL FROM "Schiek"
>
>> show imap response
> A06 logout
>
>> connection closed
>
> '>' tag is added to show text returned by IMAP server.

Here are the results of the telnet session:

* OK IMAP4rev1 Service at Jana-Server ready
A01 login *** ***
A01 OK LOGIN completed
A02 select inbox
* 370 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1153158271] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 491] Predicted next UID
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \Recent $MDNSent
$Redirected $
Forwarded)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft $MDNSent
$Redirec
ted $Forwarded \*)] Limited
A02 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
A03 UID SEARCH CHARSET US-ASCII ALL FROM "Schiek"
* SEARCH
A03 OK UID SEARCH completed
A04 UID SEARCH CHARSET UTF-8 ALL FROM "Schiek"
RA04 OK UID SEARCH completed
A05 UID SEARCH ALL FROM "Schiek"
* SEARCH
A05 OK UID SEARCH completed
A06 logout
* BYE IMAP4rev1 server terminating connection
A06 OK LOGOUT completed

Stefan