Re: ERROR: Unknown IMAP response.

On Thu, June 22, 2006 11:04, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-6.html#ss6.3
>
> Thread sorting should be enabled only if you need it. Thread sorting can
> cause imap connection timeouts on larger mailboxes.
>
>> Thanks for the information.
>>
>> I will be testing with a standard install.
>>
>> We are not using an IMAP proxy.
>>
>> Server side sorting and threading options were set to false in the
>> config.php file, I have set server side sorting ($allow_server_sort =
>> true;)
>> should I also set $allow_thread_sort = true;?

I have the same error on a MacOSX server with Cyrus imap (default MacOSX
setup), quite the different setup. It only gives me this error on a
specific user with quite a large mail box, about 300 emails. If I turn on
server side sorting it gives me a completely different error though:

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: SORT (SUBJECT) ISO-8859-1 ALL

Pretty strange, I already tried upping the php memory limit to make sure
it has enough memory to process the inbox. Any clues?

Regards,

Tristan