Re: error using conf.pl

--test.pl script--
#!/usr/bin/env perl
print "Hello world\n";
---

I've tried that script and it worked fine...

Perl script is totally unrelated to SquirrelMail. I suspect that it will
break in your environment too.

Please check your environment variables. Maybe you have more than one Perl
installation and you use the one that is broken. Please note that your
perl error message is self explanatory and any sentient admin should
understand that something is wrong with Perl. Saying that webhosting
provider can't reproduce it, means that they haven't bothered to check
your environment or haven't checked perl issue at all.

Turn on display of php errors and set php error_reporting to E_ALL. Check
your webserver error logs. Logout error message does not provide any
useful information. If you get '500 Internal Server Error', webserver logs
more info in error log. Make sure that you can reproduce it in standard
SquirrelMail scripts when all plugins are disabled.

 I forwarded them the information about php cause i have an shell account but i can't do more than starting a perl script, moving files, looking into some directorys etc (so no root access)

If i get any new information about this I'll let you know!

Thanks at the moment for your help :)

best regards

Mike