Re: changing the time for squirrelmail

> My name is Courtney and I was recently hired for a school district that
> uses this email program.  I would like to say first of all that I love it.
>  I think it is one of the easiest email programs I have ever used.  I do
> have one little problem.  I am trying to figure out how to change the time
> zone for the  email.  When I send email or refresh my page, there is a 5
> hour time difference between what the email says and what the actual time
> is.  I live in the central standard time zone.  When I refresh or send
> email at 2:30pm CST the email will say that it was sent at 7:30pm.  If you
> could help me fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanx
> ahead of time for your help.

The mailserver might be in a timezone different from yours. I think by
default, squirrelmail timezone preferences are set to "same as server".

Try to adjust the timezone settings under "Options" / "Personal
Information". Under "Timezone Options", you could try setting your
timezone to "US/Central". You might have to log out and log in again for
the changes to take effect - not sure - maybe a developer can clarify.

If this does not fix your problem, you might want to see whether the
time is set correctly on the server your email systems run on.

johannes