Error after sending mail

I am running squirrelmail 1.4.5 and 1.4.6 on two:

Mac Xserve running 10.3.9
PHP 4.4.1
Compatibility 2.0.4
mhash 0.9.6
Change_ldapasswd 1.8 on the server with 1.4.5
Change_passwd 4.0-1.2.8 on the server with 1.4.6

I have lately been trying to get squirrelmail to change customer
passwords (with no luck). I have noticed that I can logon to
squirrelmail and everything seems to be working right except when I
send email through SM.
In Safari after clicking the send button the page still stays at the
compose screen, but the email are sent. In IE after selecting send I
get a warning screen that says that there was a "Data encryption
error", but the email are sent. In FireFox  I get "The connection was
interrupted" and try again later screen, and the email are sent.
Squirrelmail doesn't crash and I can still go back to the inbox or
any other part of the program with out any problem.
I have recently installed the mhash on both mail servers but I don't
think that this is causing the problem, but it is what I have done to
the server since the last time I can remember them working wright,
but I think it was doing this before I made changes because I
remember Safari not clearing the compose page.
As of this time I haven't seen any errors on my server logs for the
mail server or password server.

Does anybody have any ideas to what is going on.

John