Re: Using an external SMTP server

Fredrik Jervfors wrote:
Is it possible to use an external SMTP server that requires a
username and password with SM 1.4.6? I see there's the option to
specify an SMTP server but don't see a way to specify a username and
password. Can it be specified in the username:password@server format?

Try "config/conf.pl":

2.  Server Settings
B.  Update SMTP Settings
7.   SMTP Authentication

OK, that lets me choose the type of SMTP authentication but how do I set
the credentials? I should make it clear that I want to use the same
credentials for all users and not different credentials for different
users.

Did you read "doc/authentication.txt" and tried the suggestions in it?

Sincerely,
Fredrik.

Hi,
I've read that now and I'm still none the wiser. I'm wanting to have every user sharing the SMTP login which is independent of their seperate IMAP logins. I can see nowhere to store the shared SMTP login (username and password), is this definitely possible in 1.4.6?

Thanks,
Geoff