Re: Question

> Hi
>
> When I try and logon to squirrel mail I am getting this error message: Bad
> reques. The imap server is reporting that plain login request is disabled.
> Using cram-mid5 or digist-mid5 authenication may work. Also, the use of
> tls may allow squirrel mail to login.

You have imaps service enabled on 993 port.

Configure SquirrelMail to use Secure IMAP,
http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-5.html#ss5.4. Remember that
you must change IMAP Port and Secure IMAP (TLS) settings.

Or turn off TLS requirement in UW IMAP configuration file.
http://www.washington.edu/imap/documentation/imaprc.txt.html

Standard UW IMAP does not support digest-md5 authentication and cram-md5
authentication is treated same way as plain text login.

> I am using debian and can you please tell me how I can fix this problem.
> Also how do you add users or does it read the information from the
> /etc/password?

UW IMAPD uses system users by default.

--
Tomas