Search squid archive

Re: squid5.5 restart failure due to domain list duplication

On 05.09.24 14:52, YAMAGUCHI NOZOMI (JIT ICC) wrote:
If there were duplicate domains in the list of domains used, restarting the
squid would cause the process to stop.
Below is the error statement.
ERROR: 'a.example.com' is a subdomain of 'example.com

Why do you keep duplicates on config?
you can call 'squid -k check' to see if your config is okay.

FATAL: /etc/squid/squid.conf
I don't think the same thing happened with my previous squid3.5.

I have a few questions.
・Is it possible to configure the process not to stop even if there are
duplicates in the domain list?

If by "restarting" you mean stopping and starting squid (which is commonly called restart), reloading "squid -k reload" would keep squid running.
However it would not reload invalid configuration.
・Are there any other user actions besides duplicate domains that would
trigger a process stop?

I guess some errors in squid config file can cause that.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.