Search squid archive

Re: Questions about Squid configuration

Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply !

I took the advice I received, reviewed the verification details, and
verified again with the two recommended steps.
The new verification includes the following four patterns:
1. successful communication of a valid request to an allowed site
[command]
curl https://pypi.org/ -v --cacert squid.crt -k

2. communication of invalid requests to allowed sites is denied
[command] ※Invalid header host
curl https://pypi.org/ -H "Host: www.yahoo.co.jp" -v --cacert squid.crt -k

3. communication of valid requests to prohibited sites is denied
[command]
curl https://www.yahoo.co.jp/ -v --cacert squid.crt -k

4. communication of invalid requests to prohibited sites is denied
[command]
curl https://www.yahoo.co.jp/ -H "Host:" -v --cacert squid.crt -k

STEP1
>1. Remove all of your current http_access rules. Keep ACLs. Perform
>host_verify_strict and access tests to confirm that all valid requests
>are denied and all invalid requests are rejected. If necessary, ask
>questions, file bug reports, patch Squid, and/or adjust your
>configuration to pass this test.

・Results for validation patterns
1.403 Forbidden、X-Squid-Error: ERR_ACCESS_DENIED 0
2.403 Forbidden、X-Squid-Error: ERR_ACCESS_DENIED 0
3.403 Forbidden、X-Squid-Error: ERR_ACCESS_DENIED 0
4.403 Forbidden、X-Squid-Error: ERR_ACCESS_DENIED 0

STEP2
>2. Copy http_access rules, with comments, from generated
>squid.conf.default. Insert your own access rules in the location marked
>by "INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE" comment. Perform host_verify_strict
>and access tests to confirm that all valid requests to banned sites are
>denied, all other valid requests are allowed, and all invalid requests
>are rejected. If necessary, ask questions, file bug reports, patch
>Squid, and/or adjust your configuration to pass this test.

・Results for validation patterns
1.200 OK
2.409 Conflict、X-Squid-Error: ERR_CONFLICT_HOST 0
3.409 Conflict、X-Squid-Error: ERR_CONFLICT_HOST 0
4.200 OK

So my question is, in STEP 1.
・I expected to get a different response for a valid request than for
an invalid request, is this result correct?
In STEP 2.
・4. still returns 200 OK. Is this due to an error in the existing
configuration? Or do I need to add a new setting?

I am not a good English, so I may not have understood Alex's advice exactly.
If there are still mistakes, please point them out to me.

Thank you in advance.