Search squid archive

Re: Squid Vulnerabilities

On 2024-08-26 02:23, Alexandru Mateescu wrote:

In October 2023 the free vulnerabilities scanner of Greenbone (Openvas) has started reporting high vulnerabilities on squid for all versions.

When I questioned them about it they indicated https://megamansec.github.io/Squid-Security-Audit/ as their source of truth and to date they have not reduced the score of the vulnerability causing extensive issues for me and my security team.

I further asked them about it and they are looking for a published list of security advisories about these vulnerabilities.

FWIW, the official list of recent Squid advisories is at
https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/security/advisories/

Some year-2020 and earlier advisories are available at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Advisories/

Needless to say, converting the above information into a list dedicated to "Joshua 55" report (and to Squid v6.10) requires a lot of work.

Would it be possible to issue such a list for whichever ones are fixed to date in squid 6.10

Yes, it is possible. FWIW, I built a similar _unofficial_ list at
https://gist.github.com/rousskov/9af0d33d2a1f4b5b3b948b2da426e77d

Please note that any meaningful list would heavily depend on Squid build options and runtime configuration in this case, as detailed in a recent squid-users email: https://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2024-August/027043.html

HTH,

Alex.