Search squid archive

Re: How to add extra header in response in squid

On 2024-08-20 06:27, nikhil deshpande wrote:

We have two open ports in squid.

Port 1 is transparent proxy with configuration like below
http_port 127.0.0.1:12121

I assume you are using one of the interception modes (i.e. either "intercept" or "tproxy") in the above port configuration.

Port 2 is cache proxy which cache all GET calls  with configuration like below

http_port 127.0.0.1:12122 ssl-bump ...

I want to add a response header in my response which we give from squid. We are using below directive for the same

reply_header_add header_name header_value

It seems the below configuration is working fine with port # 2 (cache port) however it does not work for port #1 (tunnel proxy). Can someone tell how can I add custom response header for my all open ports?

Squid should apply reply_header_add to all[1] final HTTP responses and HTTP 1xx control messages (that Squid sees/sends), regardless of the port the corresponding HTTP requests were received on.

[1] The only known exception is CONNECT responses. Quality pull requests adding reply_header_add support for Squid-generated CONNECT responses are welcome. An _interception_ http_port usually does not get CONNECT requests, so I assume you are not dealing with this exception in your tests.

If your Squid responds to an HTTP GET request without honoring reply_header_add, it is a Squid bug. If you are using Squid v6 or later, _and_ can demonstrate that Squid actually handles the GET transaction in question, then please report that bug to Squid Bugzilla.

HTH,

Alex.