Search squid archive

Threat feed like utility

I am testing couple options and I wanted to try and see what tool provides a "threat feed" like for url filtering for Squid.

The available tools for url filtering are SquidGuard (which is ancient) and ufdbguard.
There are also other tools out there which are not open source.
In FortiGate devices they have Threat feeds which can be either wildcard which is dstdomain like and also full urls and ip addresses, couple types of feeds.

In squid world I would call it an ACL feed which can be used in the context of a real ACL or an external software.

An example feed can be seen at:
NgTech-LTD/youtube-urls-feed - youtube-urls-feed - Gitea: Git with a cup of tea

Usually youtube doing a nice (not the best) job with content filtering but there are also other reasons like age rating systems.
We can generate a rating feed per age in a DB and then create a profile which will include the allowed material for the specific age.
A profile can be built based on couple categories which are basically URL patterns and Domains.

I am working on a technical video which will explain how SquidGuard programatically does it work internally and with this anyone can build his own external helper freely in any language and with any DB he likes.
There are other aspects which ufdbguard implements but regarding URL filtering the systems are pretty simple to implement.
There is a 50k urls per sec check rate but it's pretty easy to say compared to technically understand what it means and this needs to be demystified to my opinion.
There are technical specs for queries and requests per seconds and these have a limit.
Currently I have a 64GB Ram for the DB and it seems to perform well but cannot reach 3k Queries per sec..

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Tech Support
Mobile: +972-5-28704261