Search squid archive

Re: squid 5.7 FTP upload fails

On 2024-08-08 10:53, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
On 2024-08-08 06:19, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
Perhaps configuring proper debug_options, but which?

On 08.08.24 08:15, Alex Rousskov wrote:
Yes, we should escalate triage to debugging log analysis. I am willing to study your ALL,9 cache.log collected from Squid v6 while reproducing the problem using a single transaction (or as few transactions as possible). Please share a pointer to compressed cache.log file (privately of needed). You probably do not need them, but there are a few relevant hints at https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting#debugging-a-single-transaction

The bad news is that "debug_options ALL,9" caused test upload to succeed
(multiple attempts). After commenting it out it fails again.

You are probably dealing with a race condition of some kind, but I would prefer not to speculate about the nature of this bug at this time.

Please try "ALL,3 33,5 9,5". Slowly decrease "5"s until you can reproduce. Share the log from that test.

Please note that we do not need to have a reliable test at this point. We only need a single test run that reproduces the problem (with enough debugging enabled). Once we know more about the bug, we may be able to either fix it or adjust debugging instructions to ease reproduction...

however the "* We are completely uploaded and fine" message is new here
(but doesn't appear all the time)

Ideally, we want debugging cache.log from a failed test without that message, but we can start with a test that does have one if that is the only one you can produce right now.

Cheers,

Alex.

I also tried 9,9 without success.

Could errors like this be caused by something like lacking fflush() on socket?

# curl -v --no-progress-meter -x 192.168.A.B:3128 -T cruft.out.gz -u "anonymous:dummy@xxxxxxxxxxx" ftp://example.net/incoming/
*   Trying 192.168.A.B:3128...
* Connected to 192.168.A.B (192.168.A.B) port 3128 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'anonymous'
PUT ftp://anonymous:dummy%40example.net@xxxxxxxxxxx/incoming/cruft.out.gz HTTP/1.1
Host: example.net:21
Authorization: Basic YW5vbnltb3VzOmR1bW15QGV4YW1wbGUubmV0
Expect: 100-continue

* Done waiting for 100-continue
} [65536 bytes data]
* We are completely uploaded and fine
* Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
* Closing connection 0
curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer