Search squid archive

Re: SQUID - WINDBIND - very slow internet speed

On 2024-07-26, Andre wrote:

How to know if the helper supports concurrent requests?

Good question! You need to consult helper documentation. If that does not exist or does not document concurrency, one can analyze helper source code and/or test concurrency support, but those two activities require specialized skills. Testing is especially difficult because a helper may not violently/visibly reject "concurrent" protocol messages: Many helpers were written under the false assumption that they will never receive invalid traffic.

Asking here (and then improving helper documentation!) may be the best option.

HTH,

Alex.